The Purpose of the research paper is to provide an individualized method for students to demonstrate their mastery and understanding of course content. Flexibility is allowed for topic choice in order to provide an interesting and meaningful experience for the student.
Research Paper expectations:
The student is expected to write a 5-8 page paper on a topic establishing the criteria or qualities necessary for assessing the importance of a topic, idea, person, event, or process in Church history for the period covered in this Church History course. Specifics expected to be covered are:
1. Establish the significance of a topic, idea, person, event, or process in Church history for the period covered in this Church History course, and why it matters. Briefly discuss the essential elements of what constitutes this as being significant enough to be included in recorded Church history.
2. Discuss how the significant topic chosen influences one’s understanding of the nature and Biblical soundness of the Church.
3. Explain how historically, people have interpreted historical topics, ideas, persons, events, or processes in Church history from radically different perspectives. For example, a Catholic calls an event a Revolution while a non-Catholic calls the same event the Reformation. Same event, very different perspectives.
4. Apply what you have researched. Explain how this understanding can be applied in your local church as a pastor, leader or teacher (basically: how can this knowledge be used by you to help others?). While at first, this portion seems vague; consider how culture and even in our local churches, one may be completely ignorant of the truth of events in Church history as quite often, liberal culture seeks to rewrite this history.
The application section is vital. Learning knowledge is worthless unless you choose to honor God with it.
To achieve a successful experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
• Submit a research paper that is 5-8 pages. There is no requirement for a cover page, abstract, or table of contents, and the number excludes the reference page.
• Provide a minimum of 5 scholarly references.
• Present your research paper using Turabian format.
• Apply appropriate references for supporting your research and citations.
• Written communication that successfully conveys the message. (SEE ATTACHED PDF AS A REFERENCE FOR PAPER) THE PAPER NEEDS TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS FROM ATTACHED PDF (EACH SECTION CAN BE 1-2 paragraphs each)
2.1 LUTHER’S SIGNIFICANCE TO THE REFORMATION
5.0 THEOLOGY IN UNIVERSAL PRIESTHOOD
5.1 THE NINETY-FIVE THESES
5.5 FREEDOM OF A CHRISTIAN
7.4 A FUNCTIONAL DUALISM WITHIN EVANGELICALISM
7.5 THE MISSIONAL MOVEMENT AND THE REINTEGRATION OF MISSION AND UNIVERSAL PRIESTLY WITH ECCLESIOLOGY CONCLUSION