Write a 250-400 word letter to a professor asking if the professor would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for you. In your second paragraph, indicate that if he or she is willing, here is the information necessary.
Note: Unless you have a current need for a recommendation, you will be “making up” all of the information, as this is a practice letter, such as the school’s name, deadlines, and so on.
Here is a summary of the parts of the letter you must include.
1. THE TYPE OF RECOMMENDATION YOU WANT –(ie for graduate school, transfer, nursing school, a job, an internship, fellowship, etc.) = transfer from college to UC
2. THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE PLACE YOU WOULD LIKE THE PROFESSOR TO SEND THE RECOMMENDATION ( Email address, if that is required. Include the name of the contact person if you have an individual’s name ) UC Berkeley, 110 Sproul Hall #5800, Berkeley, CA
3. THE DEADLINE FOR THE RECOMMENDATION. = 30 September 2020
4. THE QUALITIES THAT YOU WISH THE PROFESSOR TO NOTE IN HIS OR HER RECOMMENDATION (or the things you want emphasized and that you feel will help your application).
5. A REMINDER OF THE COURSE, QUARTER OR SEMESTER YOU STUDIED WITH THE PROFESSOR= Economics Macro with Professor Judith West on spring quarter 2020
6. A PROJECT OR PAPER THAT HE OR SHE MIGHT REMEMBER. YOU CAN EVEN QUOTE SOMETHING YOUR TEACHER SAID TO YOU, IN A MARGIN NOTE ON A PAPER, OR IN CLASS, TO HELP HIM OR HER FOCUS ON SOME DISTINCTIVE ATTRIBUTE YOU SHOWED DURING YOUR COURSEWORK. = Presentation about economics…. (its up to you as long its about economics)