Economics in the News – Written Assignment
Individually analyze a news article to explain how the macroeconomics topics covered in this course relate to the current economic situation in Canada. Based on your understanding of the information, you will also identify and explain the impact on individuals and/or businesses.
Use the Economics in the News features in your textbook as models. Write and/or illustrate with appropriate graphs and economic analysis the key points in the article. Explanations must be typed, graphs can be drawn using a software or hand drawn and inserted as images.
reference section using proper APA citation format. It is assumed that you are using your textbook for each assignment.
REMINDER: This analysis is your original creative thought, critical thinking and analysis.
The deadline for this assignment is posted on D2L. If you miss the deadline by less than 48 hours, I will accept your assignment, but it will be subject to a 50% penalty. After 48 hours, the penalty is 100% of your mark (i.e. you get a zero).
Kindly follow the following formatting guidelines:
|Grading Rubric: Demonstration of Understanding the Article:
• • Very clearly highlights and summarizes 4-6 main points of the article (without providing unnecessary details)
• • Key macroeconomics concepts identified are clear, concise, highly significant and relate to the analysis
|Evidence of Critical Thinking:
• • Good choice in selecting an appropriate news article with justification
• • Excellent explanation of the direct link between the article and the textbook theory
• • Strong, logical assessment of why the situation in the article is taking place
• • Clear description of what is expected to happen next, based on theory
• • Excellent use of graphs and details to support analysis
• • Demonstration of original ideas (not based on research alone)
|Assessment of Relevance:
• • Crystal clear explanation of why businesses or individuals should care about the topic
• • Creative in describing a business scenario
|Ability to communicate ideas:
• • Smooth flow of ideas with good connections and transitions between concepts
• • Followed all assignment instructions
• • Proper APA citation format of all resources used
• • Included full copy of article and link
• • Virtually free of any spelling and grammar mistakes
• • Excellent use of headings, subheadings and bullets