INFT 1112016 Computer Assignment Help
Final Project Instructions
The company’s fleet of vehicles for its sales staff needs to be replaced. The current fleet of 4 door sedans has provided sales staff reliable transportation for the last 7 years. Fleet services has requested that research be done to determine the best vehicle for usage for the next 5 years. To ensure that all options are considered:
· Pick 4 vehicles to analyze. These four vehicles must include 1 SUV and 1 Hybrid or Electric vehicle. All vehicles must have at least 4 doors. All vehicles must be new. Your Vehicle Cost is the average purchase price, determined by adding the lowest MSRP and highest MSRP for each vehicle and dividing by 2.
· Average vehicle mileage for each vehicle is determined by adding the Estimated Highway Mileage and Estimated City Mileage for each vehicle and dividing by 2.
· The vehicles will be kept for 5 years and then sold for 35% of their original purchase price.
· The sales people are very busy. Each vehicle will be driven for 12,500 miles per year.
· Regular gas has been increasing in price to $2.79/gallon and diesel now costs $3.39/gallon. See table 1.2 below for specifics.
· Vehicles are classed by their original purchase price. See table 1.1 below for registration fees and taxes. Registration fees and taxes are assessed every year.
· Annual Ownership Costs are determined by dividing the purchase price by the years owned.
· Annual Road Costs are determined by adding the registration fees and annual taxes for each vehicle.
· Total Annual Costs are determined by adding Annual Ownership Costs, Annual Road Costs, and Annual Fuel Costs.
· Total Costs of Ownership are determined by adding the Total Annual Costs for all years of ownership less the resale value of the vehicle.
Vehicle Class, Fees, and Taxes
Vehicle Cost Low
INFT 1112016 Computer Assignment Help
Vehicle Cost High
Table 1.2 Gas Prices
Part 1 – Excel
After selecting your vehicles, you will need to perform an analysis of costs for your vehicle choices. Using the example below as a guide, you will create an Excel spreadsheet to perform you analysis of the vehicles. You must complete all parts and calculations of the spreadsheet by inputting your data from your vehicle choices, performing calculations based on your inputs, and formatting your Excel table to be readable and understandable.
· Complete all parts and calculations of the spreadsheet by inputting your data from your vehicle choices, performing calculations based on your inputs, and formatting your Excel table to be readable and understandable.
· Add a title to your data table
· Use appropriate formatting
· Use formulas, functions, and other Excel tools to calculate your values. Do not use a calculator to add your values and then post the number in the table.
· Use conditional formatting to show the lowest value in green and the highest value in red for Annual Ownership Costs, Annual Road Costs, Annual Fuel Costs, and Total Cost of Ownership.
· Create a graph/chart of “Total Costs of Ownership” for all vehicles. Choose the most appropriate graph/chart. It must have a title, x and y axis must be labeled, and values displayed.
Vehicle Mileage City
Vehicle Mileage Highway
Annual Tax Rate
Annual Road Cost
Annual Fuel Cost
Annual Ownership Cost
Total Annual Cost
5 year cost
Total Cost of Ownership
Part 3 – PowerPoint
Create a PowerPoint Presentation summarizing your research and findings for the new fleet vehicle. Make sure that you cover all your findings, including any comparisons or contrasts between vehicles. You must also make a final recommendation for purchasing with support for your decision.
· Begin the presentation with a title slide. Include your name and the name of the company or organization.
· Include an appropriate slide design for the presentation. (Your presentation cannot be a plain white presentation.)
· Add at least 2–3 lines of text per slide.
· Use slide transitions between each slide.
· Insert at least 5–6 pictures throughout the presentation.
· Use animation (in moderation).
· End the presentation with a conclusion slide. State why you chose this particular vehicle for the organization.
· Include a reference slide if citing any information from other resources, such as websites. You must include at least 2 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible.
· Review the presentation. Check for incorrect spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Check formatting.
· Be sure your presentation has a minimum of 15 slides, not including the title page and reference page.
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 7.