ISEM 540 Enterprise Architectures & Integration
ISEM 540: Enterprise Architectures & Integration
HW3Wrapup (Preferably Individual)
Preparation for Exam3
You need to develop a detailed integrated architecture that ties together individual services within a center and then between centers by using SOA, B2B and other technologies. You are responsible for the following deliverables (Appendix A and B Provide additional information):
· Deliverable A: Building Integrated Architectures (Individual or Group)
· Deliverable B: Homework to Prepare for Exam3 (Individual)
Please post your final report that contains results of all these deliverables on the HW3Plus FORUM. Exam3 will be based on what you posted on the FORUM.
Deliverable A: Building Integrated Architectures (Individual or Group)
EXPRIMENT: Hands-On Experiments with Smart Hubs and Smart Global Village (Individual or Team)
Please use the Service Bundle (a collection of at least two services) that you developed in project2 and then do the following experiments:
· Use the collaboration capabilities of the portal you created in Project2 to discover at least 5 other hubs (from your and other teams) and develop a Collaboration Matrix that represents the members as rows and topics as columns. Send a message (e.g., your picture) to at least two other members of your matrix.
· Please visit the SCC Lab and add at least one hub from the SCC Lab ( www.ict4sids.com/scc.htm ) to your Matrix.
· Prepare and send a one page report which describes your Matrix (its members) and the experiments you ran to the ISEMHQ. Please put your name on it.
· Please study your Matrix of SCCs and answer the following questions:
· What are the similarities and differences between the hubs on your Matrix(4-5 main features)
· Can you suggest one collaboration scenario (use case per team member) between these hubs that could be low effort but high impact for disaster resilience and/or economic development (2 general ideas)
FINAL REPORT: Prepare a final report (2 pages) that summarizes and highlights what you have done in this course. Specifically, you should prepare the best integrated architecture plan for your Smart Center/Hub that highlights the projects you have done this semester and answers the following questions:
· What is your ID Number and what are the Scenario names that you generated
· What did you learn from creation and experimentation with the Service Bundles
· Is the Bundle Collaboration feature an ESB (yes and no, and why).
· List the Collaboration Scenarios (Use Cases) you generated and one line on each for the value it provides to the users.
· You need to be in Stage 3 or Stage4 of the SPACE ePlanner to conduct these experiments.
· Before attempting this experiment, please watch the 16 minute videoclip of SPACE demo for B2B Collaborations at https://harrisburgu.adobeconnect.com/p1k2j0xiz05?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal
DELIVERABLE B: Homework to Prepare for Exam3 (Individual)
Problem 1- SOA and Integration Principles
Given the enterprise business pattern (Figure 1, assume all white boxes are “applications”), answer the following questions briefly (1 to 2 sentences)
Figure 1: Enterprise Business Pattern Example (the white boxes show business processes that are automated through application systems)
a) Indicate what applications (business processes) may have to change (or be integrated) if the Patient Administration application is replaced with a new one
b). Suppose that the whole Healthcare Clinical Services will be converted to SOA. List the application systems that will have to change (or be directly affected/impacted) due to this.
c)A Healthcare Provider wants to integrate Healthcare Administrative and Clinical Services. Please develop an SOA-based Integrated Architecture. Healthcare Administrative Services are based on XML but Clinical Services are JSON based. These two systems are from two different vendors.
d) What are the three main concepts in SOA
e) What are the three main concepts in Integration
Problem2: B2B Integration
Consider Figure 2 that presents an architectural vision and answer the following questions. The dotted line shows the responsibility of the B2B Integrator (anything below the dotted line is the responsibility of the B2B integrator).
Figure 2: Conceptual View of B2B Integration
i) Suppose you wanted to exchange documents between the four agencies shown in the diagram. How many Public Processes will you have to interconnect over the B2B Integration bus (pick one of the following):
ii) How many entries will be in the UDDI of the B2B Integration Bus
iii). Can the following scenarios be represented by Figure 2 (yes or no)
· Integration between government agencies (document exchanges between cities)
· Health Information Networks (HINs) between healthcare agencies
· Supply chain management between consumers and suppliers
· B2B trade between business partners
iv). List 3 common features that the B2B Integration Bus has to provide independent of the scenario
EXTRA CREDIT (Optional): 15 Points (max) – one of the following, not all
1. Complete all 9 Modules of Python from sololearn.com and obtain the Certificate (upload the certificate to Extra Credit Work Forum). If they ask for money, pls find another free site for Python.
2. Visit the SCC Lab at www.ict4sids.com/scc.htm and locate the Dauphin County Network. Please study this network and answer the following questions:
a. How many “hubs” are on this network that can actually participate in the SGV Collaborations
b. What are the similarities and differences between these hubs (4-5 main features)
c. Can you infer some economic development opportunities in this Region by looking at the hubs involved (2 general ideas)
3. Using Cutting Edge Technologies to Improve Your Project2: Use one of the following cutting edge technologies (AI/ML, Blockchains, IoTs/Cyberphysical systems, 5G wireless or something else) to improve your Project2 deliverable. If you use more than one technology, then you will get extra credit for it. Maximum 5 Slides. Objective is for you to learn innovative applications of new technologies. This could be your capstone project.
OPTIONAL (NO CREDIT): Your Study Plan (Revise and Expand the Plan you prepared in HW1) for a Detailed Advising Session
Review the latest ISEM docs posted on www.ngecenter.org (ISEM Corner). Especially, please review the documents posted in Stage0 and Stage1 for the MS-ISEM Program (please pay special attention to Orientation Slides and the ISEM Student Guide). Based on this review, prepare your Plan of Study (what courses will you take when and what will be your Capstone Topic.