Internship Report Finance Assignment
Academic Report Guideline (Co-op)
General instructions for writing the final report:
– The report must be written in English language.
– The word limit is 3000-4000. If the report word count is not within the required word limit, marks will be deducted.
– The font size is 12, Times New Roman, justified, 1.5 space. Main headings use font size of 16 and bold.
– Add page numbers in the middle bottom of the page.
– Plagiarism or copying from other sources will result in ZERO marks.
– This report must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via the allocated folder.
– Your work should be clearly and completely presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
– Assignment will be evaluated through BB Safe Assign tool.
– Late submission will result in ZERO marks being awarded.
The first page should display the student’s full name, internship start and finish dates, working hours per week, company/institution name, and the cover page APPENDIX 4.
The field instructor should sign on the first page.
I will add later.
A Brief Executive Summary of the Internship
A one-page summary of the company/institution and a short account of the major activities carried out during the internship period.
• To allow the student to express her/his thankful and gratitude to individuals (such as: field instructor, academic supervisor, colleagues…etc.) who help them in carrying out and completing her/his training journey.
• This part will aid the students to learn basic elements of academic writing.
• To express their appreciation in a concise and professional manner.
Table of Contents
• Contents of the report with page numbers, list of tables, and list of figures.
• A brief of the report.
• The Aim of the report.
Chapter 1: Description of the company
This section should answer the following questions:
• What is the full title of the company/institution? Give a brief history of the company, full mailing address and relevant web links.
The Transport General Authority is responsible for all the railway, marine, and land transportation matters within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, through permitting the services provided and safety.
Please visit website for further info to be included in this report: https://tga.gov.sa/en/about-tga
• What is the type of ownership of the company/institution? State the main shareholders and their shares.
It’s a Non-profit governmental organization.
• What is the sector that the company/institution operates in? Specify the products and services produced and offered to its customers/clients.
• Who are regarded as the customers/clients of your internship company (consider the end users, retailers, other manufacturers, employees, etc.)?
The end users are all who uses or contributes to transportation in all of Saudi Arabia
• Provide an organization chart of the company, along with information on the number of employees.
About 210 employees
• Provide a list of functions performed by different departments/divisions in the internship organization.
Like any government entity
• Provide an overview off the production system or service procedure (what are the resources, inputs, outcomes, and constraints?)
Legalizing and issuing permits for all railway, marine, and land transportation companies.
• Provide a process chart of a major product and/or service.
Any found on website: https://tga.gov.sa/en/home
The following questions can be classified as your major fit (Finance)
• What kind accounting/finance standards and principles are used in the organization?
The most appropriate standard for government organization is required .
• Discuss telecommunication technologies (Database, Instant Messenger, Networking, Ecommerce tools) used in the company.
They have 2 websites which one is used for issuing permits and reviewing laws and regulation details and the other one is internal to receive letters from othe governmental organizations such as Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Finance>
• Describe the quality planning and control activities in the internship organization.
Any that is suitable
• Describe the quality control activities throughout the life cycle of the product/service groups
Any that is suitable
• What kind of financial analysis and decision-making methods are used by corporate treasurers and financial managers in the internship organization?
Any that is suitable
• What types of marketing, selling, and human resources analysis are performed (cost system, evaluation of consumers, needs, product strategy, distribution strategy, promotional strategy)?
Any that is suitable
Chapter 2: Internship activities
This is the main body of your report. During the internship period, the focus of the training may on the following types of analysis and questions. You do not have to answer all the questions in the list:
• Describe your working conditions and functions, such as: Who is your supervisor (include his/her name and his/her position); other team members or co-workers and what their functions are to complement yours.
My supervisor’s name is Mr. Tareq Alhozaim, I have worked with multiple teams with various talents. In term of functions: Any related description would suffice .
• Provide a detailed description about the department(s) that the trainee did her/his training with them.
Mainly Finance department and worked with Human Resources – Training and Development for a week.
Any related detailed description would suffice.
• Detailed descriptions about all tasks and activities that the trainee did them during her/his training period.
Any related detailed description would suffice
• Gained skills and how they added value to your work
• Other tasks that are not related to the trainee’s major that done by her/him at the company should be included in this chapter as well.
HR-Training and development department.
• What types of incentives did you get as a trainee to be more proactive and productive?
• Lessons learnt (what the overall benefits gained from the training program)
Chapter 3: Recommendations
• Advantageous that helped the student in completing the training program.
• Disadvantageous and challenges that faced the student and how he/she did overcome them.
• Recommendations to improve training program in the college.
• Recommendation for the training company.
Sum up and summary of the training experience.
If it is needed