A. Reflect on the comprehensive health assessment you performed on the virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients by doing the following:
1. Discuss four evidence-based interview techniques you used to assess Carolyn’s social determinants. Include a scholarly source in your discussion.
a. Justify the questions you used to assess each of the five social determinants of Carolyn, and include her responses.
b. Explain how Carolyn’s answers to the questions will inform her nursing plan of care.
2. Explain how Carolyn’s economic stability affects her access to healthcare, including the three following factors:
• socioeconomic status
• employment status
• housing stability
3. Analyze how Carolyn’s educational status affects her health. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis.
a. Discuss the healthcare barriers and opportunities Carolyn might experience because of her educational status.
4. Analyze how Carolyn’s health and healthcare status affect her quality of life. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis.
a. Analyze how an understanding of health literacy affects health. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis.
5. Explain how Carolyn’s neighborhood and environment affect her access to healthcare.
a. Compare the healthcare (e.g., quality, access, outcomes) received by a patient living in a low-income area to the healthcare received by a patient living in a high-income area.
b. Discuss how access to healthcare differs for patients living in rural versus urban areas. Include a scholarly source to support your discussion.
c. Discuss how Carolyn’s neighborhood affects her access to healthy food options.
B. Discuss why social determinants need to be addressed in your comprehensive health assessment. Include a scholarly source to support your discussion.
1. Based on the comprehensive health assessment, identify the three highest priority social determinants that affect Carolyn.
2. Based upon the three chosen social determinants from part B1, develop a nursing plan of care.
a. Explain how you would implement your nursing plan of care based upon each of the identified social determinants from part B1.
b. Discuss barriers to implementing the nursing plan of care explained in part B2 for each social determinant identified in part B1.
c. Discuss who needs to be involved in the nursing plan of care (e.g., healthcare practitioners, community members, family) for each social determinant identified in part B1.
3. Explain how to evaluate the effectiveness of Carolyn’s nursing plan of care. Include a scholarly source.
4. Summarize the impact of social determinants on Carolyn’s overall well-being.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.