RATIONALITY AND ORGANIZATIONS McDonaldization of Society
1. What does Ritzer mean by the “McDonaldization of Society”?
2. What are some of the downsides of this excessive emphasis on efficiency, calculability and predictability? (Give me your own example) If Hitler Asked you to Electrocute a Stranger + video
3. Based on the article, how can you explain why people are capable of committing atrocities?
4. What exactly is the ” structure” (last paragraph p. 272) Milgram describes that turns ordinary people into obedient robots?
5. How does this theory help explain the mass atrocities committed by Nazi Germany? Are the Germans just different? TOPIC 12 – GLOBALIZATION The Global Economy, the Privileged Class…
6. According to the article, what has happened to employment in the postindustrial service economy?
7. According to the article. Is the “end of lifetime employment “a result of “natural economic laws”, as many politicians have claimed for decades?
8. How has globalization impacted the American worker? (Be specific, the article provides detailed explanation) The End of Work
9. We are told by the media that rising unemployment is only a temporary effect of the economic downturn. Based on the article, what is really happening to work?
10. Why are corporations “re-engineering” when the cost to the workforce can be as much as 75% layoffs.
11. According to the article, what are some of the possible outcomes of widespread unemployment – a world without work? Is Wal-Mart Good For America?
12. Well, is it? TOPIC 13 – GLOBAL INEQUALITY Globetrotting Sneaker
13. Based on what you learned from this article, why do you think the majority of these workers are women?
14. Is there anything wrong with advertising these products (sneakers) in these poor countries?
15. Are foreign corporations benefiting the poor countries of the world by setting up shop there? Because She Looks Like a Child
16. Explain how local cultural attitudes contribute to the cycle of prostitution.
17. Explain how the global economic boom (which a. introduced Western consumer goods, and b. brought higher wages to factory laborers), feeds into sex slavery.
18. Explain the principles of debt-bondage on which this system operates. dont need to be longe answers but at the same time , not short ones either, ill throw in an extra bonus \. all the articles needed to answer the questions will be uploaded