Awareness: (Answer two of the following questions.)
1. Describe, in detail, your decision making process regarding this incident.
2. Describe the principles or reasons behind the University’s policies associated with this incident. 3. Identify what motivations influenced your decision making process.
Scope: (Answer two of the following questions.)
1. Describe the impact, if any, of your actions on each of the following: you, your friends, your family, police, staff, others present or not present, and the FIU community as a whole.
2. Explain your responsibility as a member of the FIU community and what you will do in the future to make sure you are meeting these responsibilities and expectations.
3. What realistic advice would you give to other students similar to yourself who are considering behavior that would violate University policy?
Personal Reflection: (Answer two of the following questions.)
1. Describe the impact that your decision making process has had on your experiences at FIU, whether academically, socially, financially, professionally, or otherwise.
2. How did you grow or change as a result of reflecting on your decisions?
3. What influences impacted your decision making process and how did your decision align with your personal values?
Application: (Answer one of the following questions.)
1. Describe some of the common situations you will continue to face in your life as a student where you will need to consider what you have learned from this incident and detail how you would respond in those situations.
2. Identify any factors (whether environmental, personal, or otherwise) that may negatively influence your decision to meet the University’s expectations. Describe, in detail, how you plan to overcome these hurdles.
This paper should be typed essay, 11‐point font, with standard margins, double spaced, and checked for errors (spelling and grammar). Your hearing officer reserves the right to require you to rewrite the paper if it does not adhere to the outlined instructions.