MINI CAMPAIGN Guidelines:
Select a business that you like and follow these steps to put together a mini PR campaign
using the tools described in your text and in this guide.
You will organize your work using the R-A-C-E acronym taught during the semester and
following steps and directions to guide you. The purpose of this task is to see how you can
apply the theoretical knowledge gained in the course to a real-life situation.
1. Statement of Problem/Opportunity-(5 points) One paragraph stating succinctly
what the problem(s) (is) (are) and how this campaign presents an opportunity.
2. Research- (25 points)- Do library research on subject, company or situation- where
is it? What’s the profile of the town? History etc. Use all relevant facts that you find
useful and strategic. If you are trying to solve a social problem like unemployment,
this is where you tell us all we need to know about the subject.
3. Why is public awareness of this issue important?
4. (b) Publics- Is it INTERNAL, EXTERNAL OR BOTH?
+Who are the awareness messages targeting?
+You may use SWOT analysis if you want
A. 3. Objectives: (20 points)- What do you want the campaign to accomplish?
Start with an action verb – words like .. to increase, to reduce, to improve, to maintain
(1) To spread awareness message about Willimantic to CT residents. (2) Involve all
public the segments (3) Use effective media.
Use as many objectives as you can possibly handle and each objective must be clear,
doable and measurable, as I will be looking at your tactics to determine if you covered
every objective you identified.
4. Program Planning/Actions: (25 points) These are the PR actions you plan to use to help
deliver the objectives highlighted in Step 3.
4b. Tactics- (15 points) Press Conference, Radio interviews, Concert, Workshop.
5. Evaluation- (15 points)- How will you show me that your effort was successful? You
may read up more on the chapter to refreshed your memory. List the ways you can
use to measure effectiveness e.g how many people attended your events, how may
tickets sold, if you appeared on TV with the message how big was the listening
1. Overall seamlessness, organized, and well written campaign plan. (5points)
2. Over and beyond effort (5 points)