Group or Individual Project Guidelines
Each student of the class will select an organization from the list of Diversity Inc.’s top 50 companies. Each student will be
required to write a paper on the organizations workplace diversity initiatives and specified diversity practices.
Each student will be required to write his/her/their own individual paper according to the outline provided. (Papers should
be a minimum of 8 pages)
HRD 3450 Paper Project Objectives
This project is intended to involve online library and web research.
Each student will be responsible for answering the following questions:
1. Introduction/Overview of what the company produces. What are the mission and vision statements for the
organization? Is the company mission statement inclusive of diversity? If so or not explain why or why not. Example,
how long have the company has been in business, what are their main products, where are they located (other
locations), how many employees do they have, breakdown in their employee population, etc. (Leadership)
2. What type of diversity programs do the company have that supports their overall diversity plans/mission? Explain
each in detail. How do you believe these programs are beneficial to the employees that work for that company? –
(Diversity Education Opportunity, Alignment of Measure, and/or Leadership)
3. Overview of the quality of the diversity programs the company many have (very good, good, fair, just OK, not so
good, needs improvement, etc.) and explain why you feel this way. (Follow Up, Diversity Education Opportunity
and/or Alignment of Measure.
4. Provide a historical framework of the company. (Diversity Education Opportunity, Alignment of Measure, and/or
5. Does the organization have a Diversity Plan? – (Diversity Education Opportunity, Alignment of Measure, and/or
6. Has there been any EEOC lawsuits? If so, provide background information? (Research and Measurement and/or
7. Each student will write his/her/their individual paper (NOT AT GROUP PAPER) that is to be written in APA Style
(ONLY). There is a minimum of at least 3 additional references outside of using the course text book. The
paper should be at least 8 pages and no more than 12 pages (this includes cover, abstract, and reference pages).
Google APA on Owl Purdue for assistance if needed with APA formatting. (Use Cox Model for paper). Papers will
not be accepted via email or after the due date. All papers have to be turned in during the scheduled day or before.
Additional information for the Paper – Cox Model
Paper should include the following Headers and at least two of the factors under each of the header sections below.
What is the Management Philosophy
Vision and Mission
Reporting process for performance results
Knowledge management programs
Research and Measurement
Comprehensive Culture Assessment
Alignment of Management Systems
Work Schedules and physical environment
Training and Development
Diversity Education Opportunities
On managing change
Development of in-house expertise
Modification of existing training
Diversity Groups Established