1. Analyze this experience by using Nielsen’s heuristics, Shneiderman’s golden rules, and other design principles.
• What aspects of the experience met these characteristics?
• Which did not?
• What factors were most noticeably different between the two application experiences?
2. Consider next a recent experience in which you had at least one serious difficulty navigation an application, mobile or Web, due to the user interface.
• Why was it is a challenge?
• What recommend actions would you take to improve it if in the role as developer?
3. Conclude by sharing your perspective on the value of designing for the user experience in
the sequence of tasks associated with systems development.
Prepare your document in the form of a summary report including both a title page and page for references if used in the document. You will submit this work through Turn It In.
Articulation of Response
• Always include a title page with your name, the date, the course name/number, the title of the assignment or paper, and the revision (if applicable).
• In the body of the paper, use headings and sub-headings. Do not jump from subject to subject without providing some type of heading beforehand.
• Use correct grammar and punctuation. Capitalize the first word of a sentence.
• Make the presentation as professional as possible. Think, “If someone were to look at this paper, what would they think?” Sloppy papers may have correct answers, but they still leave an overall “messy” feeling when read.
• Make sure you cite reference material in APA style within the text of your submission (e.g., according to John, “citing in text is a key concept in this course” [Doe, 2013]).