Pages:2 pages / 550 words
Torts and negligence principles are pervasive in our every day lives. Accidents resulting in injury often implicate negligence principles, and if the injured party sues, they may recover damages to help pay for medical bills, emotional distress, loss of work, etc. The IRAC framework is a helpful tool to organize a legal analysis when trying to derive the outcome of a possible case.
This assignment is intended to provide students with an additional opportunity to work with the IRAC framework and explore torts principles.
- Recall the video below with the woman who fell down the escalator.
- Organize the ideas presented in the video in an IRAC framework.
- ISSUE: When the family sues Alaska Airlines, what is the question that the judge or jury must answer?
- RULE: What are the legal rules (and the elements) of this particular type of case that help us determine the answer to the question? Be specific with the rules. It’s not enough to simply name the rule; state what the rule requires.
- ANALYSIS: If you were on the jury, how would you analyze the facts against the rules? Feel free to use the facts that you would consider if you were a juror.
- CONCLUSION: What do you think the likely outcome would be? Answer the question based on your analysis above.
error: Content is protected !!