The research paper asks for 2 kinds of research, 1.observation/interviewing and 2. scholarly. You are asked to choose a service/site and research the aspect that relates to health and wellness. You will discover this through visiting the site and/or interviewing a professional or professionals at the site. The focus is on attitudes and beliefs found in the program or service center of your choice. Once you have identified this center from the suggested list below, your job will be to evaluate the attitudes and beliefs you find represented in this program or service center and describe how it aligns with your own personal values and beliefs regarding health and wellness. The scholarly research portion is to research the origins of this service/site, explanation of the services that are provided and the mission statement. Does the mission statement include aspects of health and wellness as we have discussed throughout the semester?
Research Paper Format:
2. Literature Review (background and history of the topic) Minimum of 3 professional journal articles.
3. Summary of findings (research based)
4. Summary of findings (observation/interview)
5. Comparison for research and your field study.
6. Discussion of strengths and weakness of the program and recommendations for improvement.
7. Conclusion: an integration of your research and field study and personal opinion.
Paper length is 3-4 pages double spaced. P
ossible settings you may visit or work at include:
YMCA Daycare Senior Center Assisted Living In-home service provider,
family, child or senior School setting,public or private Hospice Rehabilitation Facility Planned Parenthood Women’s Health Center Palliative Care After School Programs