Evidence-based medicine (EBM), previously translational medicine, can be defined as improving care based on empirical research and/or hands-on practice. The EBM’s approach is based on either direct patient care (bottom-up) or an experiment translated into guidelines (top-down). EBM is used in either in conjunction or as quality assessment tool(s) for continuous quality improvement (CQI). The healthcare leader must utilize the evidence to promote healthcare quality.
- Explain the process of evidence-based analysis.
- Highlight the major players and their roles in EBM policy (i.e., government, providers, patients, etc.).
- Explain the EBM “Levels of Evidence” as defined in your course text.
- Review the case “Constraints of the ACA on Evidence-Based Medicine.”
- Provide a written analysis of the case “Constraints of the ACA on Evidence-Based Medicine” in Chapter 9 of your textbook. (Utilize the “Levels of Evidence and Grades of Recommendations” as defined by the National Guideline) Clearinghouse.
- Summarize the policy of EBM in your conclusion.
- Must be 4 to 6 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
error: Content is protected !!