This final team project examines the Supra Human Capital company, a for-profit organization specializing in the recruitment, training, and placement of human resource executives working internationally. SUPRA Human Capital provides staff and training for organizations currently operating or looking to expand into global arenas. Since the recent death of the organizations Chief Executive Officer Frank Jenkins the organization is experiencing a downward sloping trend in sales.
Two key leadership stakeholders identified within the organization include Harry Halberg, Chief Financial Officer and acting Chief Executive Officer, and Maggie, Vice President of Development. In response to the aforementioned downward trend in sales, Harry Halberg has identified the need to seek inputs from an outside perspective. As a result of candidate interviews of consultants that will assist in the mitigation of declining sales, both Harry Halberg and Maggie selected the [YOUR TEAM NAME] Consulting Company. As expressed to [YOUR TEAM NAME] Consulting a key attribute to the SUPRA Human Capital organization is that “its employees believe they know how to find and develop the best people”. This is reflected in the organizations impressive placement track record.
To ensure a rigorous analysis of the SUPRA Human Capital organization declining sales situation, [YOUR TEAM NAME] Consulting has been asked to provide the following:
(For items 1 and 2 – minimum of five scholarly articles as references).
1. A literature review on international human resource development, recruitment, and training
2. A literature review on organization development and resistance to change
In addition, based on these reviews, [YOUR TEAM NAME] Consulting is asked to develop a plan for addressing the needs of the SUPRA Human Capital organization and also develop an implementation plan for these improvements, using correct citations in support of all components of this plan. Finally, for each of these plans, [YOUR TEAM NAME] Consulting is to develop a theory of effectiveness to include:
1. What data will be used?
2. How will the data be collected?
3. How will success of plans and the implementation schedule be measured?
Research and analysis conducted by [YOUR TEAM NAME] Consulting will result in the implementation of a selected and approved SUPRA Human Capital “get well” plan. The resultant implementation plan will incorporate care and substantive review of organizations with similar challenges as well as similar solutions. Conducting a literature review will provide insight of potential approached used for assessment for the SUPRA Human Capital situation. Focus towards this end includes an assessment based on the following research criteria.
1. What are the major conditions governing the SUPRA Human Capital organization in the marketplace and can a business strategy and can a business strategy be built to fit these conditions?
2. Can the SUPRA Human Capital organization business strategy be better, different and more dynamic?
3. Who can assist the organization to be successful in the restructured business system?
4. What role do the customers play in determining the business strategy?
5. What must fundamentally change to be positioned for the future?
After review of the SUPRA Human Capital organization the following initial assumptions apply. Literature reviews will be conducted taking these assumptions into account.
1. Declining sales are not the direct result of the death of Frank Jenkins but rather due to the absence of proven methodology used and client relationships for human resource selection and placement.
2. Frank Jenkins was highly focused on face-to-face interaction and integration with clients. Harry Halberg and Maggie were minimally engaged with the customers.
3. Negatively trending sales are not a blip but rather an evaluation of two or more negatively trending data points.
4. SUPRA Human Capital is a publically traded for-profit organization.