This research paper will have multiple elements.
1. Share in detail, the primary aspects of the Concert Promotion and Touring business as it relates to the music industry. (This info will primarily be found in the slides provided and in the resources found here: Billboard.com, MusicBizWorldwide.com, IEBA.org, DigitalMusicNews.com, MusicRow.com, MusicBiz.org)
2. . Include a section in your paper that addresses the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on the (music) touring industry and how it has specifically impacted touring artists, road crews, concert buyers and venue operators.
3. Include information below from audio interview with Booking Manager. Should be written in essay format, not Q & A. (This audio file of interview has been attached).
Please write a section of the paper that includes the booking manager’s response to my questions – and should be written as if I’m the writer) All questions with answers in the interview. Note: this part should still be written like an essay, not like a Q & A.
-Include among other things, who they are, what their title/role is, what they do, and how their work interacts/intersects with all of the other primary people (the artist, tour manager, personal manager, booking agent, etc.) working on the concert promotion and touring side of the industry.
– Also include:
1. What are the functions of the person you’re interviewing? What’s a “Day in the Life” like for them today? What is typical under normal circumstances.
2. Describe the relationship between them and the other people they work with?
3. In your Interview… find out how they got started in the business; their educational background; their work experience; how long they’ve been doing what they do (including how long it took them to get to the level they’re at); and any other relevant information regarding their job.
4. Ask their opinion on the “state of the music industry” as a whole, and the “state of the touring business” specifically.