Using any/all of the texts we have used this term, and drawing specifically on Sherry Turkle’s final chapters, please answer the following prompt:
HOW CAN WE IMPROVE COMMUNICATION ONLINE?
Please ground your writing in sources we have used this term. MLA citations are required and effective integration of quotes will be evaluated closely. Make certain you use appropriate paragraphing.
NOTE: MAKE SURE YOUR THESIS IS NARROW. That is, I would strongly encourage you to choose one way we can improve communication and focus in on that; do not try to tackle too broad a topic/topics or you will find your organization to be challenging. Choose a topic as narrow as possible.
essay will be evaluated on the following skills:
1. Does the essay provide an INTRODUCTION with an effective hook, enough background and context, and a clear thesis with equally clear topic sentences? Does the writer provide a CLEAR THESIS that answers the assignments prompt directly?
2. Do the body paragraphs demonstrate ORGANIZATION & DEVELOPMENT?
3. Does the CONCLUSION offer an answer to the question, “so what” effectively? Is it fully developed, including a synthesis of all main points throughout?
4. Is the essay free of GRAMMATICAL & MECHANICAL errors? Is it fluent and does it flow? Please note: in order to be a passing essay, it must not have frequent patterns of error. That is, if errors at the sentence level prevent the reader from readily & easily understanding the point(s), it is not yet past the 1A level.
5. Does the writer follow all MLA formatting rules, including proper in text citation?
6. Does the writer reference the texts used in class, each one at least once throughout? Are the quotes used effective and directly (not simply related to) relevant to the point the author is making?